EdMedia Emerging Scholar Stream
Did you know that EdMedia + Innovate Learning
hosts a ‘conference within a conference’
specifically for Ph.D. candidates, Masters students, and new faculty?
The Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) is proud to offer a special stream of talks, clinics, discussions and social events specifically tailored for emerging scholars and graduate students, at the EdMedia + Innovate Learning conference. Each day will provide an extravaganza of events with the opportunity for discussions, informal conversations, and social opportunities at the end of the day.
The stream will also appeal to supervisors, advisors, early career researchers and others interested in the conduct of research in educational technology fields. This stream has several activities designed to give you a rich and meaningful experience in the conference.
Emerging Scholars Keynote Address
We invite a special keynote speaker specifically for our Emerging Scholars. 2019 speaker information coming soon!
Emerging Scholars Symposium
The symposium session focuses on the current trends and issues that resonate with our Emerging Scholar comminity and the EdMedia conference at large. Symposium information for 2019 will be announced soon!
Social Event: Graduate Student Night Out
Date & Time TBA
Join with fellow grad students and local Amsterdam Executive Committee Members for a social night out on the town!
Date & Time TBA
Emerging Scholars/Grad Students Special Interest Group
The ESS Also Includes:
- Social networking opportunities through AcademicExperts to facilitate discussion during and after the conference, and a dedicated Twitter stream #EmergingScholars
- A special Emerging Scholar Reception to welcome you, and to provide opportunities to mix with other students and researchers
- Daily social activities, discussions, and informal gathering with other emerging scholars and the Edmedia Executive Committee
- An Outstanding Paper award presented to a paper where the author (or first named author) is a student.
- Help or feedback on your presentation slides provided every day by the EdMedia planning group member during the “Presentation Help-Sessions”
- On-going networking and social interactions among research peers and experts in the conference
Did you know?
- AACE and EdMedia offer this program as a service to graduate students by presenting high quality, research training opportunities.
- The Emerging Scholar program is available for registered attendees at the EdMedia + Innovate Learning Conference. Special registration is not required to attend!
- Your home institution might consider structuring a readings/seminar course or independent study contract for you that includes attendance at these and other EdMedia sessions as part of the course requirements.
- You may be able to use the Emerging Scholar sessions to gain credit towards your degree.